It is our privilege and honor to share with you the project that your child is currently working on in class. We have teamed up with C.O.L.E.'s Foundation to provide encouragement to other kids across the nation that have or are dealing with a terminally ill disease. Your child is helping us create awareness for "Operation Gold Rush" (Pediatric Cancer Awareness).
Did you know:
- In the U.S., about 46 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer every single school day? That's the equivalent of two entire classrooms.
- On the average, one in every four elementary schools has a child with cancer?
- On the average, every high school in America has two students who are a current or former cancer patient?
- One in every 330 children will develop cancer before the age of 19?
- One in every 5 children diagnosed with cancer will die?
- Before the day is over, 7 children fighting for their lives will not make it through the day?
It is our goal as a class to help support these families, and more importantly, to bring smiles to these children who did not have a choice when it came to cancer. Unfortunately, cancer knows no boundaries, and it doesn't stop when it's dealing with the future of America.
Your child will be writing a letter or making a card to one of these kids who happens to be a little less fortunate than you and I. We will be sending them words and pictures of encouragement and support to brighten their days a little.
If you are interested in learning more about "Operation Gold Rush" and/or C.O.L.E.'s Foundation, please log onto www.colesfoundation.com. Together, we CAN make a difference!
Kids Unite to Fight